The gut guru and taking a break!
Hiya! I'm back, after a couple of weeks away from blogging, and a load more admin chores.
We all need a holiday sometimes and even though I haven't had actual time away, sometimes it does you good to be free from chores!
To be honest though, I don't really see blogging as a chore, but finding time to do it sometimes is difficult, there seems to be endless responsibility of clients and family, and so I am finally back and ready to crack on.
With this, I am changing things up a bit in my business.
People say to me all the time that my business can be confusing because I do so much, so here is the breakdown - I'm a holistic therapist, there you go, covering activities and treatments to help heal the whole self! That should clear that up, so when I offer a new treatment or deal to help you, it's generally to help your mental and physical wellness, which is cool, eh?
I have introduced IBS wellness checks recently, I have been there myself, suffering for years, trying things other sufferers have recommended, but not everything works for everyone, we all have different causes and reasons why we trigger IBS symptoms.
I developed IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) in the early 2,000's after contracting salmonella on holiday in the Canaries! What a birthday treat eh? Back then no one really understood about how nutrition can help with IBS, doctors passed you off with a wave not wanting to even know or care about it. Over the years, qualifying 3 times in various nutrition diplomas, I have learned more than ever, but I am now tried and tested too, and my IBS rarely bothers me unless a load of stress comes my way, but even that is manageable!
They always say that the best therapists are the ones who have had the toughest lives, who have experienced the bad things and come out the other side, and the same is true for nutritionists with gut issues. I not only have IBS, but because of years of untreated and mis-managed IBS I also have diverticular disease. This, I also manage through nutrition and lifestyle.
I guess, this blog is a bit of a plug for my business, and why shouldn't I? I work hard at what I do, and I also want to help as many people as possible feel well, and be the best that they can be. So if you are reading this now and thinking that you could probably do with my help or some advice then get in touch. It doesn't take long to look through what you are eating, how you live your life, exercise, sleep, all the things, and to make a plan for your future.
My IBS in under control, although I have a fairly strict diet, that's also because I gave up sugar when I became peri-menopausal, I follow a low FODMAP diet, but I do eat well, complete nutrition and I have energy for my job and for life.
Do you want to feel better every day? Be able to go out for meals without days of pain and discomfort? Get in touch through the usual channels!

Comments
Post a Comment